Ahhh, 2015… A year of things to remember… and things to forget.
Then again, isn’t that every year?
I’m still playing catch up and rounding out my Top 10 list of films.
But music, sweet music… There is so much great music being put out into the world. Sometimes, it is overwhelming and I am actually still behind for 2015, so apologies to the new ones from Atlas Genius, Grace Potter, Toro y Moi and Frank Turner!!!
With that said I am hereby creating my Top 15… Cannot limit it to 10… and it is 2015, so 15 just makes much more sense!!!
And even with that I am including a long list of honorable mentions… so there!
Have a most musical, happy, healthy and wonderful New Year.
May 2016 bring us all much joy, bliss, creativity, success, happiness and love!!! And yes… MUSIC!!!!!
Fingers crossed that I will be taking my daughter to her first Bruuuce show in 2016!
MARC’S MUSE TOP 15 ALBUMS OF 2015 (YEAH, 15! SUE ME!)
- Laura Marling – Short Movie
- Alabama Shakes – Sound and Color
- Courtney Barnett – Sometimes I Sit and Think, and Sometimes I Just Sit
- Calexico – Edge Of The Sun
- Brandi Carlile – The Firewatcher’s Daughter
- Great Lake Swimmers – A Forest Of Arms
- Israel Nash – Silver Season
- Darlingside – Birds Say
- Father John Misty – I Love You Honeybear
- Hamilton Original Broadway Cast Recording
- Adele – 25
- Leon Bridges – Coming Home
- Jason Isbell – Something More Than Free
- The Decemberists – What A Terrible World, What A Beautiful World
And… Drum Roll Please…
MY # 1 ALBUM OF 2015
MY MORNING JACKET – THE WATERFALL
Honorable Mention and Right Up There:
Avid Dancer (1st Bath)
Dawes (All Your Favorite Bands)
Death Cab For Cutie (Kintsugi)
Florence + The Machine (How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful)
Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds (Chasing Yesterday)
Lianne La Havas (Blood)
Mercury Rev (The Light In You)
Promised Land Sound (For Use And Delight)
Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats (Self-Titled LP)
Sufjan Stevens (Carrie& Lowell)
Best Band Discovery of 2015
Listen… love… laugh… or be moved…
Music is what we make of it… what we need… what gets us all through.
A life with music is a life worth living.